Saturday, May 9, 2009

Brunch on fashion

Vintage Diane Von Furstenberg Wrap Dress

One of our lovely customers bought this rare piece which fits her like a glove.
Now, we know why her dresses are a fashion icon.
She just looks stunning!

A little story behind this famous dress:

As Fürstenberg once explained, "The minute I knew I was about to be Egon's wife, I decided to have a career. I wanted to be someone of my own, and not just a plain little girl who got married beyond her desserts."In 1970, with a $30,000 investment, she began designing women's clothes. (Her former husband became a fashion designer, too, launching his career in 1974.) She is best known for introducing the knitted jersey "wrap dress" in 1973, an example of which, due to its important influence on women's fashion, is in the collection of the Costume Institute of the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Xoxo- giana
Finally, wearing my mary jane shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment